Interested in a straighter smile? Alexis Dental provides Invisalign® clear aligners for both adults and teens. Book your initial consultation today!
What Is Invisalign®?
Metal braces were once the only treatment used to straighten teeth. Today, Invisalign® is an orthodontic technology which utilizes transparent, removable aligners to correct misaligned teeth. Whether you’re a teenager in school with extracurricular activities or an adult working full-time, this form of treatment is flexible to buys lifestyles!
Invisalign® is an Alternative To Metal Braces!
Instead of having wires attached to your teeth, your teeth can be straightened with a series of clear aligners. No matter what age you want to take the steps towards a better smile, we can help you get started on this journey.
- Invisalign® is Clear – You can straighten your teeth without casual observers noticing.
- Invisalign® is Removable – You can eat and drink whatever you want during treatment, as long as you remove your aligners first.
- Invisalign® Allows You to Brush & Floss Normally – Normal dental hygiene is just as easy as it normally is, helping you stay on top of plaque buildup, periodontal disease, and tooth decay.
Quick Invisalign FAQs
- How do the aligners straighten teeth?
Over the course of treatment, you will be supplied with a series of aligners.
Each aligner will make slight adjustments to your tooth position, a process that is mapped out in advance by Dr. Dhol, specifically for your situation.
When the aligners are placed on the teeth, they cause the teeth to gradually shift from their current position.
After approximately 10 days, you will begin using the next set of aligners, which will continue the teeth straightening process.
- How will Invisalign move my teeth?
Invisalign aligners move your teeth through the appropriate placement of controlled force.
The main difference is that Invisalign not only controls the force, but also the timing of the force application.
During each stage, only certain teeth are allowed to move.
These movements are determined by Dr. Dhol when he maps out your unique Invisalign treatment plan.
- How often must I wear my aligners?
We find that aligners are most effective when worn 20 to 22 hours per day and removed only for eating, brushing and flossing.
However, unlike with braces, you have the flexibility to remove your aligners to eat and drink what you want during treatment.
- How often will I have appointments?
We will schedule regular appointments usually about once ever 6-10 weeks. The goal of these visits is to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
Since your office visits during treatment don't involve metal or wire adjustments, your appointments will be shorter in duration.
- How will Invisalign® fit into my lifestyle?
With Invisalign®, all you’ll need to adjust to is your new smile.
Invisalign®can help to give you the flexibility you need during your treatment process, since it’s clear and removable.